- Best Vlogging Cameras Under $100 in 2018
- 1. Kodak PIXPRO Friendly Zoom FZ53-RD
- 2. Nikon COOLPIX A10
- 3. Sony DSCW830
- 4. YI Lite Action Camera
- 5. Canon PowerShot A2300
- 6. Canon Powershot ELPH 180
- 7. Sony Cybershot DSCW810
- 8. Sony DSCW800 Digital Camera
- 9. Canon PowerShot ELPH 340 HS Digital Camera
- 10. Kimire Digital Camera Camcorders
Are you looking for the best vlogging cameras under $100? You’ve landed on the right page, as your search ends here.
Vlogging is in trend now. It’s a fact that we get drawn more towards the content which is shown with visuals either in the form of pictures or videos. This is the reason why people are taking up vlogging seriously today.
Apart from having a great idea and creative content in your mind before starting a vlog, you need to gear up with essential vlogging accessories as well. The most important of them is having a good quality vlogging camera.
These cameras come in different price range but if you are a newbie in the field, buying a reasonable vlogging camera is the most feasible option.
The market in today’s date is flooded with numerous brands who claim that they produce high-quality cameras but getting the best one for personal use becomes a little tricky.
Therefore, I’ve have come up with few top-notch and high-grade vlogging cameras of the year which are cost effective and worthwhile as well.
All of the vlogging cameras listed below are the best vlogging cameras under $100 having good reviews among most of the users.
But since these are the most affordable and cheapest vlogging camera (i.e under $100), they have some pros & cons which I’ve listed below to help you to choose the best vlogging camera under $100.
So, without wasting any time let’s take a look at the top vlogging cameras under $100 available in the market. Check them out now!
Best Vlogging Cameras Under $100 in 2018
1. Kodak PIXPRO Friendly Zoom FZ53-RD
If you are a casual snapshooter who is looking for a very high-quality camera, this is one of the best choices you can make.
Kodak Pixpro FZ53-RD is very much appealing on its surface. It does come with a familiar brand name and a very sleek as well as attractive design.
Don’t forget the five times zoom lens which lags behind latest smartphones in terms of image and the video quality. The body is plastic but believes me; it does not feel cheaply made.
You are going to find power, record as well as shutter buttons on top. The Rear controls are all to the right of LCD. You are going to find the zoom control at the top with play, mode as well as Menu buttons which are below it.
It does come with a four-way control pad with the directional controls so as to adjust the display settings, delete images, control the flash and also set focus mode and self-timer. Set button, which is the OK button is placed at the center.
There are very simple steps to be able to switch from photos to the HD videos with a simple touch of a button. The lens is 28 mm wide hence ensuring you will be able to capture photos in an easy manner.
- The built in a flash does provide an additional illumination when one is working in the low light condition.
- The 180-degree Panorama Capture mode does let you pan about the scene so as to be able to capture the seamless panoramic capture.
- It has various functions including those of Face, Blink as well as the smile that can be used to help in ensuring portraits are well focused, well-timed portraits and exposed.
- Digital image stabilization feature is available which minimizes the appearance of the camera shake when one is shooting handheld in very difficult conditions.
- Instructions that it comes with are not enough.
2. Nikon COOLPIX A10
Nikon COOLPIX A10 can be able to shoot 720p HD video and has six creative filters, and it also comes with Nikon Smart Portrait mode that can be used to enhance shots of friends as well as family.
With an ergonomic, easy-grip design comes in four body color options and every single one of them is normally powered by AA batteries. With new batteries, you are guaranteed of having close to 700 shots.
You need to be very careful whenever you are removing the SD card as the batteries can easily fall. The reason for this is because they share the compartment.
It is very easy to use this camera when you compare it with the slimmer cameras. It is lightweight which makes it very easy to be able to make any shots.
Well-Textured thumb rest on the back along with a raised video record button help camera to be able to feel extra secure.
The LCD screen measures 2.7 inches. This resolution is the least that you are going to find on any of the cameras that are available in the market. This screen contrast accuracy is worse though as it has limiting viewing angles which means you will need to be looking at the screen from the right angle to judge the exposure.
It is very much problematic in the low lighting shooting where the shadows get to be displayed as very large back areas, and the highlights easily burn and become white.
Some of the major selling points of this product are the HD 720p video recording ability and the six creative effect filters. In addition, is the Nikon’s Smart Portrait system.
The camera does come with 15 numerous scene modes and the scene auto selection feature so you can be able to choose the best setting which fits any shooting situation.
That’s not all as what makes this more exciting for Vlogging is the Electronic Vibration Reduction property that applies to picture taking as well as video recording modes so that you can always get the sharp photos as well as smooth videos.
- The glass lens does allow for the optical zoom up to 5X which allow you to be able to film vlogs outdoors.
- The camera has excellent programming coming equipped with fifteen different scenes modes.
- Excellent stabilization system.
- Outdated OVGA LCD screen.
3. Sony DSCW830
Sony DSCW830 has been made to be everything you would want when it comes to a Vlogging camera.
The model does combine good build quality and also combines affordability into a single reasonable package, which makes it one of the best choice that you can make as a Vlogger. The 20.1 Megapixel sensor does allow you to capture video in a 720HD easily.
It may not be the best and highest available quality to the file size. Despite losing out on some resolution, the vlogs that you will come up with will not take too much space.
The user interface on this particular camera is very excellent for the beginners as it does a simplified system. Sony’s Simplify line of the cameras does take a very simple point as well as the shooting interface.
It does combine it with the lens, and the sensor is capable of giving a superior quality. An easy mode is going to simplify UI for the beginners.
SteadyShot stabilization does ensure you will not experience any problems filming without a tripod. This means that you can be able to vlog while you are on the go.
Overall, the camera does come with more amazing features more than you can expect from the affordable models and it has good quality.
- You can be able to get a more detailed image with the camera as it does comprise high Megapixel with excellent sensors.
- The lens does come with a 5X optical zoom that is superb to capturing fantastic videos.
- 360 panorama does help in offering excellent picture quality.
- Every single video that you are going to make is going to be stored in a 720p HD quality that will ensure fantastic video quality with the Vlogging camera.
- The aperture of lens ranges from F3.2 (W) – 6.4 (T).
- Little and complicated functions which may take some time to understand.
4. YI Lite Action Camera
YI have become known for the high-quality action cameras at a fair price. This camera is very affordable for the vloggers who want to be able to get very good quality images.
It does not care so much when it comes to the 4K video. Stills photos on YI lite are sixteen 16 megapixel that is quite a big sensor.
Compared to its original, this one has up to 4K but only at fifteen 15fps that is a little slower. You can be able to shoot acceptable video at this spectacular frame rate, but when things start to move faster, you can certainly run into some problems.
It does come with inbuilt stability that is superb for assisting in removing that annoying shake we get to experience whenever you are filming handheld.
The weight of this model is 72 grams. YI Lite has a two-inch screen that is more than enough to see what is going on and easily control camera much easier.
This screen has been made of gorilla glass that we all know is scratch resistant. There are a lot of options that are available for you to be able to access the images or even control the phone.
It does come with the standard USB connector so you can be able to download and also access the images via Wi-Fi.
It also has a Bluetooth 4.1 connection that is much great when it comes to connecting with the Yi Action app. You have three color choices which you can be able to choose from.
- The Interface is very intuitive which does make it very easy for any first timer to be able to use it.
- Glass can be able to resist scratches and the impact associated with the active adventures.
- YI Lite does allow to be able to capture 1080p and the 4K video.
- Depressing the shutter will result in nasty blur images.
5. Canon PowerShot A2300
The Canon PowerShot A2300 may mean you get to dig a little deeper in the pocket, but the end results are worth it.
For instance, the camera does feature 32 scene modes to be able to choose from hence there is no reason why you cannot have the right settings for current lighting conditions. Getting to focus on features that are dedicated to Vlogging.
The camera is able to shoot in a 720 HD, and this means you will nothing but the best images or even videos. While the sensor is only sixteen (16) MP, it is more than enough for use when it comes to recording vlogs as the difference between it and the 20MP won’t be much noticed.
The camera does feature digital IS so that it can help in reducing motion blur whenever you are taking still images which creates the composite of 3 separate images so as to eliminate inconsistencies.
Canon A2300 is one of the excellent choices for the beginner vloggers as it does feature the help button that is going to give you the information which you need about any of the function which is available.
Overall, the camera sacrifice image as well as the video quality for some additional features when you get to compare to other models on this list.
You are going to decide whether you do prefer improved resolution through the use of better image sensor or even a camera which is easier to use.
One of the most excellent features of the camera is the articulation that the screen is going to provide. This feature is going to enable videographer to be able to know whether by chance he has been able to intrude into video or not while recording is taking place.
The battery life of the camera is superb. The camera is useful and very easy to use first of all and never requires extra toils.
In addition, the most important feature for the Vlogging, namely the digital image stabilization, is very much present in the camera which does make video qualities even more enticing.
With the optical view finding technique and with the predefined image shooting features which are automatic.
You can buy used Canon A2300 vlogging camera under $100 on Amazon.
- It is extremely easy to use.
- The digital IS which prevents shaken images as well as videos.
- 32 auto shooting features are some of the most exciting advancement.
- The traditional point as well as shoot technique.
6. Canon Powershot ELPH 180
Many of Canon ELPH 180’s features do exceed those of its predecessors. With a 20.0 MP CCD sensor does remain unchanged as so does 8X optical zoom equivalent lens.
The 8X optical zoom which comes with the optical image stabilizer does help in capturing images with more flexibility as well as with much ease.
It’s 20 MP CCD sensor is able to combine with DIGIC 4+ Image processor so as to help in delivering more stunning image quality.
The Camera has a 720p HD video capabilities, and the smart AUTO is able to select proper settings based on the predefined shooting situations intelligently, It does also come with SanDisk Ultra 32GD SD Card replacement and a focus medium point as well as shoot camera accessory bundle.
- Light body of the camera which measures 126 grams.
- It does have an image stabilization feature.
- Face detection focusing which ensures you get a clear video or even the image.
- A high-resolution sensor which measures 20.0 MP.
- It does not have a wireless connection.
7. Sony Cybershot DSCW810
When it does come to the design, this camera is very sleek, and it can be able to fit perfectly into your pocket. The dimensions of the camera are 3.8×0.8×2.2 inches, and the weight of this camera is 3.84 ounces.
It has a very powerful 20.1 megapixel Super HAD image sensor which is good in helping to capture amazing images with a superb contrast as well as clarity.
Enjoy a 6X optical zoom in very high-quality Sony Lens. SteadyShot Image stabilization is good for reduced blur. In the 720p MP4 movie mode, you can easily be able to capture shoots 1280×720 high definition movies at a 30 fps, which is a standard format whenever you are working with your PC.
The Smile Shutter technology is able to capture smile the moment it does happen automatically. Charging your battery has been made very easy. You can do this via the use of USB, where you simply connect the camera via the USB to PC’s USB port or even a supply.
- It is very easy to use and learn.
- Small size and very light to carry.
- You can simplify the camera menu using the Easy mode.
- The Party mode ensure you have an easy time while shooting at night.
- It does not come with a memory card included.
8. Sony DSCW800 Digital Camera
Sony is one of the most popular brands which is known for manufacturing high-quality cameras. Coming in black color, this product is worth making a purchase. The primary reason being the high-quality visual and sound quality it offers.
• HAD CCD sensor
• 5 X optical zoom
• User-friendly interface
• Great aperture
- You can get a detailed image with this camera as it comprises high MP as well as excellent sensors.
- The lens comes with the 5x optical zoom which is great to capture fantastic videos.
- The 360 panorama helps to offer excellent picture quality as well with the camera.
- Every video you make is stored in 720p HD quality which ensures fantastic video quality with this vlogging camera.
- The aperture of the lens ranges from F3.2 (W) – 6.4 (T).
- Little complicated functions but can be understood after a few days use.
9. Canon PowerShot ELPH 340 HS Digital Camera
Another excellent product in the category of vlogging camera comes from Canon. Canon is another remarkable brand that has already won the hearts of its users for manufacturing reliable cameras.
The Power Shot ELPH 340 is excellent to make perfect quality vlogs. However the price of Canon PowerShot ELPH 340 isn’t under $100 but you can grab an used one from Amazon.
• CMOS sensor
• Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity
• 12x zoom
• Wide LCD display
- The presence of NFC makes sure that you can transfer your videos to your laptop with ease.
- It has a 16-megapixel camera to give a clear shot and great video quality as well.
- There is an image processor as well in the camera along with DIGIC 4 ensuring top-notch videos for your vlogs.
- 1080p HD videos enhance the value of your vlogs manifolds.
- There is no USB cord with the camera, and it is very light in weight. So, if you are looking for a heavy and sturdy camera, this one is not for you.
10. Kimire Digital Camera Camcorders
Coming from Kimire, this is a great digital camera which comes with an affordable price tag. With its fantastic camcorder quality, it qualifies to be your ultimate buddy for capturing excellent quality videos. Coming in black colour it is easy to use and maintain so that anyone can use it anywhere.
• Wide LCD screen
• Works with lithium battery
• CMOS sensor
• HD camera and camcorder
- The LCD screen of the camera is 2.7 inches wide and can be rotated to 270 degrees.
- Being a 24-megapixel camera with the 16x optical zoom you can get a great video for your vlogs and that too with ease.
- The use of high-quality materials in its manufacturing make it durable and long-lasting.
- Since it is light in weight and compact in size, one can carry it anywhere and make the videos anywhere.
- If you have not put the settings correctly the camera might produce blurry pictures.
The most important criterion to make your vlog a hit is a great audio and video quality. People love to spend their time watching interesting videos which are visually appealing.
But you should choose the one which fits your needs. I’ve already listed the top 10 best vlogging cameras under $100.
If you are looking for more best vlogging cameras under $200 category? Read this post: Top 10 Best Vlogging Cameras under $200.
Or if you can increase your budget a little bit up to $300, then this article is for you: Top 10 Best Vlogging Cameras under $300.
These days smartphones also offer great camera quality. This is the reason why people are considering them as well for making the vlogs.
Using your smartphone is indeed a great idea, but with them, the sound quality gets affected significantly.
If you have the budget more than $100 than I’ll recommend you to read this post – Top 10 Best Vlogging Cameras for Vloggers – Ultimate Buyer’s Guide to Choose the Best Vlogging Camera. Here I’ve listed the best vlogging cameras (Overall) that include best vlogging cameras under $100 (which is Sony DSCW800/B Digital Camera), under $200, $300, $400, $500, $1000, $1500, $3000.
It also includes Guide to choose the Best Vlogging Camera, Vlogging Camera that YouTubers use, and some also I’ve also answered some FAQ’s which generally comes in the mind which picking up a vlogging camera.
You can also check out Top 10 Best Vlogging Cameras with flip screen.
If you want only want to record videos in front of your computer, then the Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 is the best webcam and can record Full HD videos.
The most important criterion to make your vlog a hit is terrific audio and video quality. People love to spend their time watching interesting videos which are visually appealing.
Since these are the best vlogging cameras under $100 and these budget vlogging cameras excel in both the aspects and, have a user-friendly interface, getting them could be your smartest choice.
So register yourself with the YouTube, Facebook, Instagram or even your own self-hosted WordPress blog like this blog, create an account and start posting your vlogs now!
Happy Vlogging 🙂