Bluehost is an award-winning web hosting company, started in 1996 (that’s before Google), one of the largest web hosts collectively hosting over 2 million+ domains. It is the only hosting service that is officially recommended by WordPress & has been at number 1 recommended hosting service for their platform for almost 10+ years. They have incredible 24/7 Phone Support. What is even more wonderful about going with Bluehost is that on purchasing web hosting, you will get a Free Domain Name which usually costs about 10$-15$ per year. Bluehost is the #1 choice for Website Starters.
Being one of the largest web hosting company and officially recommended by WordPress (WordPress is the most popular CMS and #1 best blogging platform). Bluehost becomes the #1 choice for those who want to host their website. Check out our complete Bluehost review to find out if it is the right choice to host your website.
In this Bluehost review, below are the things we’ll look into:
- Performance: How is the performance of Bluehost hosting? This includes Speed Test i.e time taken to load the website, Uptime Stats i.e the time your website will be available online & Server response time i.e how much time the website takes to send the first byte when the user writes your website URL in the browser and hits the “Enter” button.
- Reliability: How much you can rely on them, will your website be Online 24×7 or will you face downtimes?
- Customer Support: Can you get support whenever required from their team as a customer?
- Features: Do you get all the features that are required to build your dream website?
- Pricing: Is Bluehost hosting affordable? Do they have any offers or deals running that can save you money?
Bottom Line: Don’t want to read the whole long review! Let us summarize it for you here. We tested and found Bluehost as the affordable, fast & reliable with top-notch performance and 24×7 friendly customer support.
This is the reason why we’ve recommended Bluehost as one of the best web hosting companies.
So let’s dive into the Bluehost review so that you can decide to pick it up to host your website with them or not.
Pros & Cons of Bluehost
Every product, service or companies have some pros & cons, some which you cannot ignore and some of them you can live with it.
Below are the Pros & Cons which we found out.
At first, let us look at the advantages that make Bluehost #1 choice.
- Free domain: When you signup for Bluehost, you get a free domain name for 1 year.
- Reliability: They are reliable as they power large numbers of websites with minimum downtime.
- Pricing: Their pricing is affordable, especially for those who are just starting out.
- No hidden charges: There are no hidden charges in between when you signup.
- Money back guarantee: Bluehost have a 30-day money back guarantee, you can cancel your account anytime (if you face such consequences) within 30 days and get your money refunded.
- Upselling Add-ons: They provide some add-ons during signup, but you can easily uncheck them.
- Higher domain renewal price: The free domain renewal price is quite higher than average during renewal.
- No monthly plans: There are no monthly plans available, plans available are of 1,2 or 3 years plan.
So these were the Pros & Cons of Bluehost which we found out.
The most important factor you should consider is the speed of the website. It is one of the major factors that is responsible for the experience of the users that visit your website and also responsible for the SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and search engine rankings for your website.
No one like a website that takes a long time to show up. Studies show that 1-second delay of website load time can result in a 7% decrease in conversions. And if your website takes 3 seconds to load then about 40% of people will abandon your site.
Keeping this in mind, if you are starting out your website/blog or online store and you are serious about making money online, you should take the speed of the website seriously and optimize your website for the fastest loading times.
So, in our Bluehost review, let’s see how Bluehost hosting performance is and how fast will your website load if hosted on Bluehost.
Bluehost Performance Results
Fast web hosting is required in order to load your website quickly. We tested a site hosted on Bluehost shared plan with WordPress.org platform Installed with default WordPress theme. Then we used Pingdom to test website speed i.e time taken to load our website.
Below are the speed test results of Bluehost.
Bluehost Speed Test Results
As you can see the speed test results are awesome! Website loaded under 1 second, which is faster than 94% of all tested websites. But by adding content to the site, the results may look different. Since we have not optimized the website for speed like using caching plugin, you can get even better results.
Bluehost Server Response Time
Server response time simply means the time taken to send the first byte when the website is opened.
To measure server response time we used a tool called Bitcatcha which measures the server response time without downloading any data.
The server response time is quite impressive.
So, with this, the performance tests of Bluehost review ends.
Now let’s take a look into Bluehost hosting plans, which features it provides at what price.
Bluehost Hosting Plans & Features
In this Bluehost review, we are also going to see its variety of plans and features it offers.
Bluehost has a variety of hosting plans offering features for all type of budgets and requirements. This includes shared hosting, cloud hosting, WordPress hosting, VPS hosting, dedicated server hosting plans and more.
So, let’s check out Bluehost hosting plans & what features they offer.
- Shared hosting: The cheapest hosting plans come with shared hosting and is the best way who want to start a website with less traffic. In this hosting plan, your website shares space with other websites on the same server, that’s why shared hosting plans are the cheapest of them all.
- Cloud hosting: A much more reliable upgrade to shared hosting, in cloud hosting your data, is much more secure. It can handle the traffic and keeps your site up and steady performance wise as it allows you to use different cloud servers which can switch to a different server anytime in case of high traffic or hardware failure.
- WordPress hosting: WordPress hosting is specially designed and optimized to run only WordPress so that you can get the best performance. It also protects from common WordPress threats.
- WooCommerce hosting: WooCommerce is the most popular plugin to start an online store with WordPress. WooCommerce hosting will be best for those who want to start selling online, it has all the features required to start your eCommerce store.
- VPS (Virtual Private Server) hosting: Virtual Private Server Hosting is much more efficient than Shared Server Hosting. In V.P.S you don’t have to share the web server. With the help of software, the servers are divided into few virtual servers. Here the resources are not been shared anymore with other users.
- Dedicated server hosting: It is the most powerful and the most expensive hosting service as compared to all of the above hosting plans. In dedicated server hosting, you own the whole server in which no other users are sharing. But you have to manage all the resources on the server yourself.
All the above plans come with a user-friendly hosting control panel where you can manage everything in your hosting, for example, installing WordPress (it has 1-Click WordPress Install), creating databases etc.
Let us take a look at Bluehost shared hosting plans to see what Bluehost has to offer.
Bluehost shared hosting plans are the most popular ones and are best for starter websites. They offer their shared hosting plans at 3 different levels. i.e #1 Basic #2 Plus #3 Prime.
As you can see in the above image what features you’re going to get for each plan.
- Basic: The basic plan is the cheapest plan which allows you to host only 1 website. It is offering you to host 1 domain, 25 sub domains, 50 GB website space, 5 email accounts of 100 MB space per account. At the time of signup you need to pay $2.95/month and at the time of renewal, you need to pay $7.99/month.
- Plus: The plus plan offers you to host unlimited websites, unlimited website space and bandwidth and also unlimited email accounts including marketing offer worth $200. You’ll also 1 Spam expert to protect your website from spam. At the time of signup you need to pay $5.45/month and at the time of renewal, you need to pay $10.99/month.
- Prime: The Prime plan includes all the features of pro plan. You get domain privacy and SiteBackup Pro which is not included in the Plus Plan. At the time of signup you need to pay $5.45/month and at the time of renewal, you need to pay $14.99/month.
If you’re just starting out your website then you can pick any one of the above plans. Don’t worry, you can upgrade at any time as your traffic grows.
You can also check out their cloud hosting, WordPress hosting, VPS hosting, dedicated server hosting plans and more on Bluehost. However, they are more expensive than Bluehost shared hosting plans as it offers much more optimized performance & features.
Note: Bluehost is a big company, sometimes they might change their price, features or hosting plans. You might even catch them during a sale. So, it’s recommended to check all the pricing and features provided before signing up with their Bluehost.
Bluehost Support & Customer Service
Support & customer service is what we all expect from a company whenever we need help. It is really important to pick a web hosting company which offers quality support & technical help whenever required.
Bluehost has a large collection of articles, tutorials, step by step guides and videos as a part of their knowledge base. This is extremely helpful for the beginners as most of the problems are easily and quickly solved by searching their knowledge base.
Even if these guides didn’t solve your problem, you can talk to Bluehost support staffs to get more help.
Bluehost provides 24×7 support via live chat or phone so that you can call their customer support representatives anytime you need help which is really helpful.
However, Bluehost has decided to discontinue the ticket support system (Technical Support) in order to focus their best efforts on providing personal and direct support by phone or chat.
Bluehost support and customer service are the staff is extremely polite and are determined to help you in any problem.
If that was not enough Bluehost offers a 30-day money back guarantee. So, overall Bluehost support service is one of the best in the web hosting industry, that’s why they are one of the leading web hosting companies in the world.
Is Bluehost the Right Choice for You?
After reading our Bluehost review, you might have got your answer of the question that, is Bluehost right for you?
With a variety of hosting plans with much feature that is required to host a website at an affordable price which fits all budgets. With 27×4 user-friendly expert customer support, Bluehost hosting becomes the best choice to host your website.
You won’t regret signing up for Bluehost hosting plans as per your requirements. Especially the shared hosting plans are the best (and the most popular ones) if you’re just starting out your website. You can upgrade your hosting plan at any time as your website grows accordingly.
So are you ready to start your website with Bluehost? Then start by clicking the below button and select your Bluehost plan as per your requirements.